Black History for Beginners | Jamaica’s Second Maroon War
In this talk, Paul will speak about events in Jamaica in 1795. The second Maroon war preceded the ultimate push for racial justice and equality in the British Caribbean and North America enslaved societies. He will emphasise positive action taken by Jamaica's Akan Maroons, to shape their future and alter the course of British history.
This talk is suitable for you if you
- are inspired and motivated by learning about the inspirational people and historical events that make up where we are today
- want to develop your knowledge and understanding of Black History
- are new to exploring family history
- have some experience searching for your ancestors and
- want to know about other sources of information
- have started and you’re having problems furthering your search
- want to develop your knowledge and understanding of Black History.