Black Genealogy | Tracing African Caribbean Ancestry to Early 1880
In this talk Paul discusses his pioneering research revealing
· how he traced his family’s Black history back to the 1880s
· records specific to Black research, as well as other materials of more general interest
· how he uncovered his forebears’ records
· challenges he encountered and how he overcame them
The event is part of the Ancestry Talks with Paul Crooks’ Season of Empowering Black History.
The talk is suitable for you if
- you’re new to exploring family history
- you have some experience of searching for your ancestors and want to know about other sources of information
- you’ve started and you’re having problems furthering your search
- you want to develop your knowledge and understanding of Black History.